Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Our 2013.

I never realized how much time had passed since I blogged last. So here it goes. 

In the last year I watched my little sister (the baby of the family) graduate from high school, and yes I did cry. We suffered heartache and loss. We started a new life in a new home. Gained and lost friends. It was a bumpy ride. 
 Aunt Courts Graduation.
As you can tell by the end even Malea was ready to go home.
Ryker was being goofy.
We got ready and added a new addition to our family. 
On May 23, 2013 Radley Joseph was born. 
Radley at a week old. 
We had lots of smiles from Malea.

Pool parties became a daily routine. 
Some more laughs. 
(I cannot ever get enough.)
I started working from home. I love ItWorks and it has given our family a fresh start. I wouldn't trade it for the world. 
 Mr Radley and his bright eyes. 
On July 30, 2013 we faced the hardest hardships our family has ever faced. Our sweet princess was burned in a tragic accident. We are truly blessed that it wasn't worse than it turned out to be. We faced some truly difficult decisions along the next 2 months. 
Our sweet angel sleeping. 
 Malea had to relearn how to do everything again. We started at the small things like even holding her head up and worked to bigger things like walking and learning how to function in daily life. 
Miss mia recovering. 
Maleas first time standing up in 5 weeks. 
 The very last step (extubation) after her last surgery (3rd surgery).
Radley and I spent a lot of time together while sissy was recovering. 
Once Ryker finally made it back home we spent a lot of time playing. We had a lot to catch up on. 

 Mia and Ry back together at last.
We got home just in time to enjoy the last of the hot summer. 
Radley and I got pretty close we are good buddies. 
Thanks to an amazing friend we were blessed enough to get some long overdue pictures of our sweet girl. She captured her quirky personality perfectly. It was truly a blessing and she has no idea how much we truly appreciated it. 




 I love my bubbers smiles. They brighten up the hardest of times.
Mias first swing ride. She was laughing the entire time.
 I met Spiderman on Halloween. He stole all of my snickers candy bars. 
 I couldn't think of a braver superhero than our little princess. 
Our Rad man was NANANANANANA Batman!
As you can tell its been an insanely crazy year. We are ready to see what 2014 has to offer. We met new friends and lost a few in the process. But we are still a family, and family is all you need. Thank you to everyone who helped during Mias accident for all the help and support. You will be in our hearts forever. Saying how crazy this year has been doesn't even begin to cover it. We love you all and cannot wait to see what the new year has in store. 
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment